"Yes, Mansion. Thanks for your contribution. This is a complementary solution. Sustainable transportation must consider multimodal solutions. And the technic itself (sail, electric motor) is 90% of the solution. The remaining 10% must not be…"
What will a sustainable future mean for the way we consume? How can we fulfill individual needs more sustainably? What are the impacts of what we consume everyday? What promising sustainable consuming practices start to be revealed?See More
Sustainable societies should maximize opportunities for physical, social and mental health for all demographic groups. In addition to environmental sustainability, we must also build social integrity, economic efficiency and well-being.See More
Many exchanges pertain to people transportation. However, transportation of goods have the highest impact on climate change and biodiversity depletion. 90% of the goods transported around the world are done so by sea. Sea freight is not so environmentally friendly as it sometimes sales. It accounts overall for 3 to 4% of CO2 emissions, and a much higher rate of NHx emissions, more dangerous greenhouse gases.Little attention has been paid to those issues. Some alternatives are being built, but…See More
How should we move around? What roles do cars, public transport, walking and cycling play in society? We must consider emissions and pollution, infrastructure, spatial planning, communities, new services and traveling for work and pleasure.See More
The final conference of SPREAD Sustainable Lifestyles 2050 will be held on November 26-27 2012 in Brussels.
The findings of the SPREAD 2050 project will be showcased and discussed during the two day conference. It is a possibility to hear the first hand results of the SPREAD 2050 project. Emphasis is on how the findings can be turned into action.
You have a chance to influence how the conference…