Hello to all discussing and browsing the Consumption group!
The SREAD team is currently working on a research agenda for which we wish to identify research questions still unanswered on sustainable lifestyles. The research agenda will be used as a guide for the European Commission to establish future research programs.
All discussions and ideas on this forum will be reviewed to find out what can be incorporated into the project research agenda, which will be finalized by November 2012. The first draft will be presented to EU policy makers on October 2nd in Brussels.
We would like Your input arising from discussions to the discussion research topic
Some themes discussed here at the consumption -group have been:
Re-appropriaion of public space
- having a daily siesta in Glasgow
- Democratizing public spaces to fight segregation
Promoting well-being and low emissions lifestyles
- wellness studies coincide green spaces with lowered stress levels
- measuring well-being
- Public health sector and private companies' partnerships
Recipes, and tips for sustainable eats
- Calculating CO² impact of foods,
- Foraging wild plants and substituting
How to influence behavioral change
- Nudging people towards sustainable and healthy lifestyles
- Timebanking is the communal exchange of favors
- Communal housing for Seniors