Hello to all discussing and browsing the Moving group!
The SREAD team is currently working on a research agenda for which we wish to identify research questions still unanswered on sustainable lifestyles. The research agenda will be used as a guide for the European Commission to establish future research programs.
We would gather Your ideas for future research projects in the discussion research topic
Some themes discussed here at the 'Moving' -group have been:
Improving and innovating public transport solutions
- Eg. community bus rides, carsharing
- Making public transport attractive and a viable alternative
The future of private vehicles
- Are we aiming for car-sharing or car-free?
- We're already seeing car-free areas in cities
Viewpoints on urban planning
- Strategies to get people out of their cars
- "Pedestrianizing" city centers
Promising new technologies are in a crucial role
- eg. magnetic levitation and novel light rail transport solutions
- technology assisted route planning using gps and other data
Sharing local initiatives that are trying to solve global problems
- Startups' working solutions may "trickling up" from grass roots to wide adaption