Reminder: See the future you - iFuture
We welcome you to apply for a unique process to see what your life could be like in 2050. We've done this already in Finland, Germany, Spain & Hungary and now it's open to citizens of all European countries.
Apply here: http://bit.ly/ifutureonline
In iFuture you get:
1. A calculation and future projection of your personal material footprint
2. An insight to future scenarios of sustainable lifestyle based on 'From Global Champions to Local Loops – Scenarios for Sustainable Lifestyles 2050' report.
3. An online meeting with the other Europeans in a one and a half hour facilitated virtual workshop to discuss the footprint and the scenarios.
When does this all happen? Providing data for the calculations will take fifteen minutes of your time in September. In September you get to look into the scenarios and we’ll ask a suitable time for the online meeting in October. iFuture and the extensive results will be published in December this year.
Why are we doing this? Essentially to understand the wide array of new lifestyles, the change that is happening and your own position in them. iFuture is part of a two year pioneering study into the long term future of sustainable lifestyles called SPREAD 2050 http://spread2050.ning.com/ and is commissioned by the European Commission.
Who else is involved? Already some 150 people have participated in our research, part experts and part citizens in workshops held all over Europe. All research findings are public and we would be priviledged to have you join the research. After the iFuture online meeting you will be one of the contributors with shared ownership of the research and its findings. Here’s who is with us already: http://spread2050.ning.com/profiles/members/
We are looking for people who:
- have good read & written English skills
- are interested to work together with other people in the Internet
- are between 20-70 years old
- are willing to give their permission to use the produced research data for public research purposes (incl. photo, first name, age).
The application is simple. Just take five minutes to fill in the form with your personal details and make sure you are available and motivated to follow the iFuture online workshop process. Submit the form latest by 4th September 2012: http://bit.ly/ifutureonline
Demos Helsinki & other Spread partners