Hello to all discussing and browsing the Consumption group!
The SREAD team is currently working on a research agenda for which we wish to identify research questions still unanswered on sustainable lifestyles. The research agenda will be used as a guide for the European Commission to establish future research programs.
All discussions and ideas on this forum will be reviewed to find out what can be incorporated into the project research agenda, which will be finalized by November 2012. The first draft will be presented to EU policy makers on October 2nd in Brussels.
We would like Your input arising from discussions to the discussion research topic
Some themes discussed here at the consumption -group have been:
- co-owning, swapping, sharing, co-consuming, recycling
- social media
Economical challenges driving businesses and individuals to new patterns of consumption
- eg. re-distributing wasted food from supermarkets
- reducing waste and recycling leftovers
Consumption of non-tangibles
- Along side all the exciting ways of sharing physical things, how can we spread and share our skills and knowledge?
- education for sustainability
- making people aware of the environmental impacts of production and conspumption
Services and products promoting low carbon emissions and sustainability
- anything from cars to banks, laundry, haircuts, cleaning, makeup and fashion
- Marketing and promotion of sustainable and local consumption
- products that change the way we do things
Gardening, growing your own food
- hyper local production, urban farming
Food and eating
- seasonal cooking, eating, eco-friendly restaurants, special days like meatless mondays